Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7.5.2011: Reykjavik: nearing the end

On my last full day in Reykjavik, I went to the National Gallery of Iceland and saw the Louise Bourgeois exhibition. Good show. Then, off to the Handknitting store to see what I could see. After such and eventful morning, I required a cup of tea and a piece of vegan carrot cake at Café Babalú. I nearly got the cheesecake, but wasn't sure I could handle the tasty goodness today, so carrot cake it was.

As I was headed back to the guesthouse, I came across one of Ragga's sculptures in the window of this jewelry shop. Shortly after, she took me swimming at the pool. Lovely afternoon!



And then this evening, I strolled down to Hólavallagarður Cemetery. It was quiet (although a few other people were wandering around) and the sun was brushing through the sycamores. I spent about an hour there, and now here we are at another door.
Thanks for another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment