Monday, July 4, 2011

7.4.2011: Reykjavik: the view from here

 While I was waiting for Ragnhildur (a fellow Carnegie Mellon grad!) to come by for a visit, I noticed the graffiti across the street. I like how it makes the other colors in the street pop, too- the yellow lines on the road, the signs in the windows, and the flag...

 And here is the view out my window, and the view from another window at SÍM. Do you see the guy out there?


But, I have to say, these photos do not do the day justice. While I didn't celebrate the 4th of July U.S. style, I had a great day hanging out with Ragga and meeting her family. And, while we were having tea at her house, lo and behold, the doorbell rang, and in walks her neighbor, Hrafnhildur. Very shortly, we figured out we had friends in common already. I've been saying this a lot lately, but what a small world... Thanks for celebrating the 4th of July with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment